Two days of guided MTB riding around the beautiful Slovenian village of Kranjska Gora! In only two days you will experience the best of what Slovenia has to offer in MTB! Fun fact: Slovenian MTB was born in Kranjska Gora! To conclude, your MTB escape in Julian Alps is a perfect choice, if you are looking for a quiet but active escape in nature!
Some facts about the location:
Kranjska Gora is small but a lively Alpine town in the upper part of Slovenia called Gorenjska. Also, the town is only a few minutes’ drive away from Austria or Italy. The village lies under high mountains of the Julian Alps and the beautiful Triglav National park. Therefore, it offers truly magnificent scenery and trails that you only could only dream about!
In wintertime, this village is a renowned Slovenian ski resort. Therefore, it has all the amenities that a modern resort should offer. There are supermarkets, a bank, a post office, a well-equipped medical center, a tourist information office, and several sports shops. There is also an old part of the town with the church and many coffee shops, bars, and restaurants. Consequently, even if there are several large hotels in the area, the village center retains its own identity. Main hotels allow non-residents to use their pools, gyms, and sauna for a small fee. The area is full of nice neighboring villages worth visiting. Other attractions are world-famous ski jumps in Planica or a spectacular waterfall in the village of Mojstrana. Out of the winter, Kranjska Gora becomes a very popular base for walking and mountain biking holidays.
Dates: No group trips are currently planned, please request a quote for a private trip.
|TOUR DATES||On inquiry between May and October|
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Ljubljana airport, Slovenia|
|DEPARTURE TIME||As per request|
|RETURN TIME||As per request|
|WEAR||Comfortable bike and athletic clothing, sport shoes (biking shoes), jacket and sunscreen|
Day 1 - Friday: Arrive and get set
- Arrive in Kranjska Gora and head up to the hotel.
- Set up your bikes.
- Enjoy the first dinner (not included in price) and get to know each other.
Day 2 – Saturday: Warm up and go riding in Tromeja
- Morning breakfast to get energy for the first bike ride.
- Start the ride from hotel till the peak called Tromeja (three borders between Slovenia, Italy and Austria).
- 2-3h uphill ride to the peak and then enjoy some beautiful views on all three lands.
- After the descent to the village, we will have a lunch break (not included in price).
- Late afternoon return to the hotel and relax.
- Dinner (not included in price).
Day 3 - Sunday: last ride & departure
- We will head up to do one of the most amazing tours around the Alps, with a long climb and the nicest descent you could ever experience.
- Lunch break (not included in price) and relaxing in the hotel after the long tour.
- Late afternoon/evening departure transfer for Ljubljana airport.